Increased access to needed resources benefits hundreds of households.
Malawi, 2010 – 2011
Project: Integrated Child Labour Elimination Project (ICLEP) II Extension
Duration: July 2010 – July 2011
Implementing Partner: Creative Centre for Community Mobilization, Total Land Care, Nkhoma Synod Lifeline Malawi
Location: Kasungu and Dowa districts, Central Region, Malawi
- Improvements to community services helped withdraw children from labour.
- Two new school blocks provided a safe learning environment for more than 200 children.
- By raising awareness through community theatre and youth drama groups, the project re-enrolled 25 children.
- 833 households gained year-round access to clean water in 2010.
- 50 treadle pumps enabled farmers to grow other crops and improve food security.
- And much more. See below for even more positive results from this project.