Thousands of children are withdrawn from child labour in Masindi and Kiryandongo.
Uganda, 2010 – 2012
Project: Community Empowerment for Elimination of Child Labour in Tobacco (COMEECA)
Duration: January 2010 – July 2012
Implementing Partner: Community Development and Conservation Agency (CODECA) and Platform for Labour Action (PLA)
Location: Masindi and Kiryandongo Districts
- 3,000 children were withdrawn from child labour.
- 20 former child labourers received vocational training scholarships.
- 812 key stakeholders learned how to address hazardous child labour.
- Rapid assessments on child labour in tobacco growing were launched and conducted
- 300 tobacco farmers received entrepreneurship and financial management training.
- And much more. See below for even more positive results from this project.